Summer Vehicle Repairs to Do Now
Summer is on the way, and so are day trips and family getaways; this means it’s time to get your vehicle ready for summer. The good news is, the experts at Mile High Acura have created a summer repair checklist to help you take care of the basics, so you can cool down in Denver’s heat. Follow these tips closely to ensure you and your car make it through summer travel season with nothing but good memories and souvenirs – instead of repair bills.
Summer Car Preparation Checklist
While you might be aware that your car needs special attention before dealing with the harsh winters that turn the roads around Highlands Ranch into skating rinks, getting ready for summer travel might not be on your radar – but it should be. Scheduling these summer driving preparation tasks could be the difference between a leisurely Sunday drive, and calling roadside assistance:
- Air Conditioning: Clean out your vents, check the refrigerant levels, look for suspicious leaks, and ensure all belts and pulleys are in good condition, so you know your system will keep you cool when the Mile High weather warms up.
- Engine Belts: In addition to A/C units, your Acura has other belts that ensure proper timing and engine operation. Inspect these for wear and cracking. Replace any that don’t look like they can handle the strain.
- Hoses: Brake, coolant, and water hoses are all necessary to your engine’s health. They should be checked regularly for wear, cracking, and leaks and replaced if they appear worn.
- Air Filters: Getting enough fresh air to your engine helps you to maintain horsepower and ensures smooth operation, particularly at higher elevations. The difference between Aurora and Centennial is just 350 feet, but that small change could cost you 1-3 percent of your vehicle’s horsepower, efficiency, and precision if your car isn’t properly tuned.
- Fluids: Brake, transmission, and engine cooling fluid should be checked and topped-off or changed at the beginning of every driving season for best performance.
- Tires: Winter tires should be removed and replaced with summer tires for the best possible ride. If you’re using all-season radials, they should be inspected for even wear and making sure they have enough tread to handle your summer driving needs. Insert a penny in the tread upside-down; if you can see the top of Abe’s head, it’s time for new tires.
Of course, if you aren’t in a position to do the work yourself – or if you just don’t feel like it – the friendly Acura technicians at Mile High Acura are here. Contact our service center online if you have any questions or need help getting ready for summer fun.
Latest Service News from Mile High Acura
Want a luxury crossover SUV with enough interior room for every passenger as well as enough space to bring anything you need along the way? It’s time to check out the luxurious and spacious interior of the 2019 Acura RDX. View RDX Inventory Explore the RDX 2019 RDX Cargo Space Specs Many drivers around Highlands Ranch…
The Acura MDX interior combines vast seven-passenger seating with flexible storage options, luxury comfort fittings, and a diverse selection of advanced tech features. View MDX Inventory Explore the MDX Just a few standout interior amenities include: Up to 90.9 Cubic Feet of Cargo Space Heated and Ventilated Front Seats GPS-Linked Climate Control 12-Speaker ELS Studio…
Shopping for a luxury SUV near Aurora? The 2019 Acura MDX is a favorite among drivers and critics alike. It’s available with front-wheel drive, super handling all-wheel drive (SH-AWD), and Sport Hybrid SH-AWD®, depending on what Acura MDX package you choose. There are five packages to choose from: Standard, Technology, A-Spec®, Advance, and Entertainment, and…